Rock Mechanics Technician x 2
RZM Murowa is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive conditions of employment which will be disclosed to short listed candidates.
We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced Rock Mechanics Technician x 2 to be engaged on a fixed-term contract.
- Structural Mapping in and around the pits.
- Pit wall monitoring
- Conducting regular assurance reviews on mine excavation and ground support execution /
- Reporting on abnormal ground conditions and deviation from design.
- Conducting piezometric measurements and ground water recharge rates.
- Identifying and making recommendation to the relevant stakeholders with regard to systems,
procedures and techniques to reduce or eliminate geotechnical related hazards.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Diploma in Mine Geology or equivalent.
- Strata control certificate a must
- 3 years practising rock mechanics
- Diamond mining experience is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of HSE systems and standards.
- Clean class 4 driver’s license.
Interested in these positions?
Submit an application letter and curriculum vitae on email to: email@example.com clearly stating the title of the post being applied for in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: Tuesday 15 September 2020
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Career opportunities with Murowa Diamonds
RZM Murowa (Private) Limited is one of the leading producers of diamonds in Zimbabwe. We pride ourselves in maintaining the highest standards in health, safety, environment, community relations and employment conditions.
Work With Us
RZM Murowa has made significant contribution to the economy of local communities and Zimbabwe. The company gives preference to employing Zimbabweans and developing the nation’s talent.
Developing a skilled labour force strengthens our business and benefits the nation of Zimbabwe. RZM Murowa implements on-the-job training programmes that equip unskilled workers from local communities with the knowledge and expertise they need to undertake their jobs. Employees also have the opportunity to complete internships in such areas as maintenance and operations.
It is an essential objective of RZM Murowa to ensure that we remain a preferred employer, not only in Zimbabwe but also in the southern African region.