Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Overview
The Company believes that the goal of Zero Harm is achievable and it respects the rights of employees, contractors, visitors and the surrounding community in accordance with the local laws, customs and cultures.
RZM Murowa is committed to maintaining the highest Health, Safety and Environmental standards to ensure safe production and that all employees, contractors and visitors on site go home safely and healthy every day.
The Company developed, implemented and is maintaining a robust integrated Health, Safety and Environment Management System (HSE MS) to manage critical/significant aspects and risks/impacts, emanating from its activities, products and services at the company’s operations.
The Company ensures compliance to relevant/applicable health, safety and environmental laws, standards and voluntary codes both local and international.
We believe a health mind is a safe and productive mind.
‘’Preventive medicine is the pinnacle of good lifestyle and production.’’
- HIV&AIDS management and self-testing
- Control of Incapacitating diseases
- • Covid- 19 preventive measures
- Fatigue management
- Alcohol and other drugs control
- Diet and Nutrition management
- Workplace and social stressors awareness
Visible Felt Leadership and Impressive safety culture
‘’Everyone goes home safely and healthy every day.’’
Certified to the Occupational Health & Safety Standard (ISO45001:2018)
- Fatality elimination
- Prevention of catastrophic events
- Injury reduction
- Critical safety behaviours
- Innovation and technology
- Learning and communication
‘’Safe production is our way of life.’’
Cradle to grave approach
‘’Environmental stewardship – everyone’s responsibility.’’
- Resource conservation
- Legal compliance
- Certified to the Environmental Management System Standard (ISO14001:2015)
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Production efficiency
- Certification to ISO 45001:2018 by DNV- GL – Australia.
- Successful recertification to ISO14001:2015 by GL – Australia.
- Biodiversity conservation projects within the mine and in surrounding communities.
- Good safety performance.
- Annual Health Promotion week.
- Safety Is Life Observe (SILO) workshop for leaders.
- First in the national World First Aid (WFAD) where RZM Murowa competed with teams from different industries.
- Best Captain Accolade and Best Workload for a female Brigades Lady in the Chamber of Mines Mine Rescue National Competition.
- Second place in the Zimbabwe Chamber of Mines Mine Rescue National Competitions.
- Second place in the Zimbabwe Chamber of Mines National First Aid Competitions.
- National Social Security Authority (NSSA) recognition for compliance.