Ore bodies discovered in the Mazvihwa district, Zvishavane town in South Southwestern Zimbabwe by Rio Tinto plc.
Feasibility studies and pilot plant at Renco mine.
Production commenced at RZM Murowa Mine at 0.08M tonnes per annum (pa) DMS capacity.
Process plant capacity increased to 0.2M tonnes per annum (pa) DMS capacity.
- Crushing plant upgrade to handle the more competent kimberlite with pit depth.
- Increased DMS capacity to 0.6M tonnes per annum (pa) DMS capacity.
- Surpassed the 1.0 Mcts mark cumulative since LOM.
- Q3 RZM Murowa embarked on a brownfields process plant expansion project, code name “Project Sunrise”.
- Surpassed the 3.0Mcts mark cumulative since LOM.
Project Sunrise Phase 1 saw DMS capacity increase to 1.2M tonnes per annum(pa) DMS capacity (qualifying Murowa as a Tier 2 diamond mine.
- “Project Sunrise” Phase 2 and 3 saw DMS capacity increased to 1.4M tonnes per annum (pa) DMS capacity.
- Surpassed the 4.0Mcts mark cumulative since LOM.
- Resumption of exploration of some key sites identified in the 1990’s.
- Investment in wet flush crushing plant and mobile crushing units to meet DMS capacity.
- Comprises 3 economic Kimberlite pipes, discovered in the 1990s.
- Combine kimberlite pipe hectarage of approximately 6.3 Ha , containing a probable Diamond Reserve of 2.93 million carats.
- High incidence of gem quality stones (+80%).
- Commissioned a wet flush crusher increasing its crushing capacity by 15%.
- Converted a mobile screen from diesel powered to electrical which also increased its crushing capacity by 30%. Overall these two changes increased crushing capacity by 20%.
- Continued with the exploration programme at Sese in the Masvingo Province.