TECHNICAL SERVICES SUPERINTENDENT
The incumbent will overall responsibility Leading, coordinating and optimizing the performance of the Technical Services section including Mine Planning, Geology and Surveying.
- Ensure optimal utilization and management of the mine site ore bodies
- Produce long and short term mining schedules.
- Monitor and manage geotechnical functions and geological activities, ensuring adherence to company goals and targets.
- Monitor and manage mine surveying functions and ensure compliance to survey practices.
- Keep track of recoveries to provide a means for grade reconciliation and control.
- Maintain an up to date database to facilitate the extraction of grade data.
- Carry out continuous mapping of the mine pit.
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and company standards.
- Prepare periodic reports and systems of measuring progress in the technical services section; issues reports to Manager Operations.
- BSc Mining Engineering
- At least 10 years of hands on experience in mine production and planning
- Open pit mining experience is a distinct advantage
- Demonstrable strengths in mine planning software such as Vulcan, Minesched and Surpac
- Working knowledge of Health Safety and Environmental systems.
Interested in this position?
Submit an application letter and curriculum vitae on email to email@example.com
clearly stating the title of the post being applied for in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 27 December 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.