ROCK MECHANICS TECHNICIAN
- Structural Mapping in and around the pits
- Pit wall monitoring
- Conducting regular assurance reviews on mine excavations and ground support
- Reporting abnormal ground conditions and deviation from design
- Conducting piezometric measurements and ground water recharge rates
- Identifying and making recommendation to reduce and eliminate geotechnical related hazards
- Diploma in Mine Geology or equivalent
- Strata control qualification a prerequisite
- 3 years working experience in rock mechanics
- Proficiency with geological modelling software packages
- Open pit mining experience is an added advantage.
Interested in this position?
Submit an application letter and curriculum vitae on email to firstname.lastname@example.org
clearly stating the title of the post being applied for in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 15 November 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.