Junior Mechanical Engineer
Reporting to the Engineering Superintendent, the incumbent will have a key role of maintaining the crushing and screening and dense medium separation plants.
Department: Mechanical Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, recommending, and implementing strategies for
improving equipment reliability.
- In charge of maintenance work in crushing plant, and dense medium separation plant.
- Providing guidance and recommendations in critical spares requirements
- Writing effective Preventive Maintenance procedures that include easy to follow, sequenced instructions, and safety issues
- Ensuring that all the statutory inspections required by the organization are met.
- Monitoring, trending and quantifying value generated by improvement projects
- Good knowledge of maintenance strategies and practices
- Understanding of performance metrics Good knowledge of Continuous Improvement programs
- Candidates from accredited national and international university with respective first degree at 2.1 or better in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of two years post qualifying experience
- Must have undergone a structured two year graduate learnership development programme.
- Membership with Zimbabwe Institute of Engineers is a must
- Knowledge of HSE standards is a must